Afghanistan Live Blog
Karzai says 'no bombardment of civilian homes' in Afghanistan
Hamid Karzai, the Afghan president, has said that NATO forces will no longer conduct airstrikes in residential areas of Afghanistan.
Karzai's comments during a press conference in Kabul on Tuesday, follow an air strike that led to the deaths of 18 civilians in Logar province last week.
As far as we are concerned in Afghanistan, yes an agreement has been reached clearly with NATO that no bombardment of civilian homes for any reason is allowed and we rather consider this absolutely disproportionate use of force and illegitimate use of force. We have considered in the past and we still considered and we have brought an end by having an agreement with NATO.