Al Jazeera Blogs


Bahrain Live Blog

Bahrain - Apr 30, 2012 - 07:41

Last modified: 30 Apr 2012 06:41

A Bahraini court has ordered a retrial for 21 men, including hunger striker Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, who were convicted in a military court of leading last year's pro-democracy uprising, the official news agency said on Monday.

"The court is (ordering) that the trial take place again and that testimony from prosecution and defence witnesses be heard once more as if it is a new trial," BNA said.

It did not say if the men would be released.

Check for more on the story here.